Today I would like to show you a very simple nail art, and trust me when I say simple because I myself am not very good with nail art! This kind of nail art is called “Blobbicure” and it is quite popular in the nail world recently. I honestly don’t know who had the idea first, but this supershort video on Instagram helped me a lot and inspired me.
I really liked the outcome but there are a few things I have to practice. I think almost any colour combination you can think of will work. In my opinion, Blobbicures with a dark base and lighter coloured blobs were the best-looking ones. But you can also use a light base and add some darker blobs on it of course. I also really dig very bright/neon kinds of blobs, they are a real eye-catcher!
I used A England Tristam as the base colour and the blobs were Color Club Pucci-licious and on my ring finger I added some Sally Hansen Ruby Diamond. I really like how using nail polishes with different finishes (holographic, creme) adds a twist to this nail art! See below the photos for instructions – I tried to explain how I did it, but feel free to ask any questions you might still have in the comment section!
Here is how I did it:
- First I used a protective basecoat against staining, because my base colour was a dark blue that might otherwise stain my nails. Then I waited a few minutes to let the base coat dry.
- Ater that I applied one coat of the base colour of my choice, which in this case is A England Tristam
- Let the first coat of base colour dry completely
- Prepare your workspace by opening the bottles of colours you wish to create “blobs” with as you will need them very quickly after step 5
- Apply a second coat of the base colour, this should be a rather thick coat
- Right after applying the second coat, take the colours of your choice that you want to make blobs with (Color Club Pucci-licious and Sally Hansen Ruby Diamond for me), take out the brush making sure that a decent amount of polish is on it (so that it almost forms a drip on the brush, but also not too much) and then carefully touch the surface of the wet polish on your nails and see how the blob spreads really fast. Place blobs wherever you want them.
- You will now have a lot of nail polish on your nails. Let everything dry for a long time, before using a top coat. Otherwise you might risk smudging.
- Enjoy your beautiful blobbicure!
I will definitely try blobbicures again very soon, this is easy and so much fun!
Have a great start into the new week!